- June 19, 2018
Amazing Science Facts
Science has been around since the start of everything, it makes sense if we state that, Science IS the start of everything. Sometimes the subject can be too intimidating and difficult to grasp, little did we know that science is not a subject, but a mere observance and questioning of our surroundings.
Kids, you don’t have to get alarmed right after you hear the word ‘Science’ now. In fact, we’ll let you know some really fun and true facts about things around you… which is also science. Keep reading for some amazing science facts for kids.
Science facts for Kids: –
- If we uncoil a person’s DNA, we can stretch from Pluto to the Sun … and back. That’s seriously a long route. Kudos God for making our DNA fascinating.
- It only takes 8 minutes for sunlight to travel to Earth, but it takes 40,000 years for a photon to travel from the core to the surface of the Sun.
- The age of the earth is 4 and a half billion years, Earth shares her birthday with the Moon and the Sun.
- Earth is the only known planet to have 21% oxygen and water on its surface.
- 3/4th of the planet is covered by water. That’s the reason we call it ‘The Blue Planet’.
- Plastic decomposes in 450 years; glass does it in 4,000 years. Recycle Responsibly.
- 27,000 are being cut down everyday… to make toilet paper!
- There is only 1% of usable water on this planet. 97% is salty and unfit, 2% is frozen. We need to save water.
- 68% of plant species are on the verge to get extinct because of deforestation.
- People on Earth are 7 billion in counting; we are estimated to reach 8 billion by 2025.
- 99% of all the species that lived on the planet and called it home have no traces available now. They are extinct.
- Male seahorses get pregnant, not female. They never cease to amaze us, do they?
- Lioness hunts the most; lion only gets out when needed the most. All hail the queen.
- Squirrels hide their acorns and nuts underground and forget … giving us so many trees. Too bad we can’t hire squirrels as our gardeners, can we?
- The internet and the World Wide Web is not the same thing.
- Octopuses have 3 hearts… yes, it does sound weird.
- The core temperature of Sun is 15 million degree Celsius. Good thing we are far away from that angry fireball.
- Einstein’s brain is preserved for studies.
- Venus is the hottest planet, Pluto is the coldest.
- The Earth is 300,000 times smaller than the Sun.
Why are Science Facts vital?
Above were the facts that titillate young brains and fascinate them. Science is a subject that goes beyond everything, and everything goes beyond science as well. These facts and trivia are some of the ways we can lure kids into studying science with fun and interest.
Science facts for kids will always tease them about the beauty of the subject and let them know how everything around them is science. Once your kid gets a whiff of the love for science, you have to make way for the new Tesla.